Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Magazine Inspired


I suppose we all look for ideas wherever we can find them.  Recently a kind friend sent me two issues of "Cricut Cards" that she thought I would make better use of than she would.  In return I'll send her one of each of the cards that are inspired by the magazines.  And I may not even use my Cricut - but don't tell anyone.

I added a punched border to the striped paper before it went on the front of the card.  There's also patterned paper on top that barely shows.  I added washi tape, a paper tape (kinda different) and a narrow black strip of cardstock.  The flower was electronically cut from patterned paper in different sizes for each layer.  The leaves were die cut and I added a pearl for the flower center.  The text is stamped.

It's a bit different than what I usually do and somewhat different than the inspiration card but it worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment