Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Meadery Of The Rockies


I've reported before that I don't really drink much alcohol but my nephew Ryan visited recently and since he has been dabbling in making of mead, he had an interest in going to the local Meadery Of The Rockies so off we went.  We were fortunate to get a tour and I have to say it was a great experience - and I'll be drinking more alcohol!

Mead is perhaps the earliest alcoholic beverage and it starts with honey and water.  This meadery uses only orange blossom honey which they import from California and Florida.  I could attempt to tell you more about the production but it would be better if you just checked out their web page if you have an interest.

Just let me say that the end result is a sweet, delightful wine that comes in various flavors.

1 comment: