Thursday, November 8, 2012

Distress Marker Technique 3


I further explored the possibilities of Distress Markers by using them to color my image.  I heat embossed the holly on watercolor paper.  I applied worn lipstick marker to color the berries, putting just a narrow line at the edge, then  using a water brush to pull the color to the inside.  I applied crushed olive marker to the leaves and again used the water brush to disperse the color to the inside.  I actually did that a couple of times.

I heat embossed the text and tied baker's twine around the bottom.  That was matted using two shades of green cardstock.  I randomly made a "plaid" design using a scoring board on the front of a cream-colored card and adhered my holly to that.

Conclusion:  Putting a narrow line of color at the edge of the image was made easier with a choice of two tips on the marker.  I used the pointed end for the berries and the wider end for the leaves.  Nice option!  And the color blended nicely.  I was able to get at least three shades by using just one color - not exactly Copic but faster and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment