Saturday, October 27, 2012

"Painted" Sunflowers


Some of the photos I take are just tools for my art, like a brush or a marker.  Using Photoshop Elements and Topaz filters one can explore a whole new world of manipulation.  I can't remember all I did to this photo but it involved a "simplify" filter and the addition of digital brushes.  I'm sure that's "Greek" to a lot of you, but trust me it is interesting and fun.  I never have a preconceived notion as to what I'll do; I just crop the photo and start playing.  When I get something I like, I save it and then try something else.  The circle around the flower, the text and the little butterfly (you did see that didn't you?!) are all brushes.  They work sort of like rubber stamps but you can make them different sizes.  This was an atc that I submitted for an exchange.

And just a little personal note from my morning's experience:  You have to be a little crazy to buy a McDonalds Frappe and consume it when its 28 degrees outside.  It may take me the rest of the day to get warm again.

No comments:

Post a Comment