Monday, April 23, 2012

Positive Die Cuts

I'm taking an online class to learn more about die cutting so I'll be showing you some cards I've made which apply the material covered in class.

This is probably the way we most use our dies - cut out a shape and incorporate it into a design.  But I did a few other things.  1) I cut the flowers from patterned paper;  2) I kept the negative space from cutting the flowers (and will show you a card tomorrow which uses that piece of paper); 3) I stamped the flowers before cutting them.  The leaves were stamped and then cut with a punch.

The flower centers are black pearls and I added a strip of black and lime green ribbon.  I used the green ribbon to made a "half bow" using two strips of ribbon.  Then I matted the lime green cardstock onto black before adhering it to the card.  And now you've seen green flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment